Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A WHOLE LOT TO LEARN....

I am fully aware of how long it's been since I have written.... Maybe I'm a little OCD.... There's definitely a lack of motivation at times to write, but what great practice it is to type my thoughts....to process.  I'm an external thinker....that's basically what this is, right?

Over the past several months a lot has changed..... Perhaps part of me neglecting my blog was the part of me that had NO IDEA what to write or where to begin--There seemed to be an overabundance--my life felt a bit chaotic....my mind was all over the place.  I was vulnerable. Add my super girly emotions to that, and I was a hot mess....A recipe for possible disaster.

What have I learned???  

It's simple really...
I have a whole lot MORE to learn =)

I know that sounds discouraging, but it really isn't...It's quite freeing when you think about it!  I expected so much out of myself....I placed so much pressure on many areas of my life...When something was less than great...when I fell short of my personal goals, I would feel frustrated and angry.  The discouragement would soon take over and I'd QUIT.... No matter what it was: a chore, a diet, cancelling a commitment, any type of "plan"..... If it didn't go as expected, it was BROKEN. I was done.  I would have rather bowed out than fail.  How wrong is that way of thinking?  If we never give ourselves room to fail.... how do we learn?  Isn't a part of learning making mistakes....And, trust me, I've made plenty of mistakes over the years.  I'm so thankful that the Lord is a gracious and forgiving God.  Now instead of thinking back on those shortcomings and feeling disappointed in myself, I am trying to approach those same situations or "failures" differently today as they approach.... Knowing that I may not get it perfectly the first time.... but it has to be better to try than to give up.  If I stop trying, I'll never know if I was fully capable of reaching my goal.  Not only that, but I have God here at all times....to help me, guide me and teach me.  All things are possible with Him!

I've learned more than I could write in this one blog, so maybe I'll touch on a few things here and there.  Most importantly I've realized that the only constant in my life is my Lord....  Life changes, people change, situations and circumstances change.....but my LORD is forever the same.  He is always here and always willing to help us, show us great and wonderful things.  He listens to our heart's cry....He knows our minds...our struggles....and BOY do I struggle at times =)  The Lord is willing to teach us and show us the way.  

The Lord loves us unconditionally.....He created us in His image.  He died for our sins so that we might live and have everlasting life.  How amazing....how loved we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment