Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day and Last Day of School!

This week has been unusually busy..... 

Beginning with MEMORIAL DAY... For the first time in our life as a family of 4, we ventured out to LIFETIME FITNESS on Monday morning for family swim time.  It was an absolutely beautiful day to attempt this adventure.  Despite that fact that I left my bathing suit bottoms on the floor of my bedroom and had to swim in OLD NAVY shorts...it went really well =)   Hollister is very afraid of water getting near his face.  He avoids sprinklers, showers, pretty much anything that sprays water- at all costs..... Our main goal of the day was to see if we could get him excited about swimming.  

After a LOT of splashing around and semi-bubble blowing, he finally allowed us to carry him out to the 3 feet deep area.  By the end of the hour, he was walking around by himself.  Of course we were within his reach if he were to slip, but he gained quite a bit of confidence... He was already asking when we could go back.  We definitely achieved our first goal of warming him up to the idea of deeper waters.  Now all we have to do is get him to go under.  Baby steps..... 


Tuesday morning was Hollister's last Kindergarten class.  Rex and I were there to witness the sweetest ceremony for those who are going into first grade.  Each graduate walked over a bridge, shook the hand or hugged his or her teacher, received a HUGE sunflower and posed for a picture.  All the while, a violinist played in the background.  I caught myself getting swept up in the emotions even though those weren't my children.  I believe it was a feeling of gratefulness.  Feeling so blessed that we have an opportunity to witness such sweet times in our kids lives.  I know next year I will be watching Hollister crossover....and I will be one of those blubbering mommies in the crowd.  

No comments:

Post a Comment