Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's Been A While....
But I'm back. 

Years ago I would spend hours journaling...or, when I was 12, "writing in my diary."  Oh the things I wrote down..... Part of me wishes I could go back in time...NOT BURN THEM....just so I could have a big laugh.  

Currently, I'm sitting in my office staring at blinds I need to hang.  We've been in our new home since September 30, 2013....and I am still adding special touches, making subtle changes, and continuously walking through my home thankful for God's many blessings.  It may not be "finished"...but it sure is cozy.  And....I LOVE MY KITCHEN.  More on that later.

I mentioned writing...journaling...came so natural when I was younger.  I tried to sit down a few weeks ago to jot down some of my thoughts and I no longer have the stamina.  My wrist was tired after one page.  In the past, I could knock out 7 or 8 pages with such ease.  I've yet to switch over to electronic reading...I'll take an old fashion book over a nook any day.  However, I decided if I feel the need to write, blogging is my best option.  

 So, in the time I haven't been "blogging"....we've placed our house on the market, had it sell within 24 hours, packed, moved into a garage apartment for one month, packed again, and moved into the home we started building in early 2013.  What a journey, but it was an AMAZING ONE.  We are here, surrounded by daily reminders of how blessed we are.  I love my home.  More than anything, I love the freedom I feel here.  I struggle with change, but this one was welcomed.  

Sitting in my office, at my little wooden desk.  Listening to my sweet, yet rowdy little boys upstairs playing together. Staring at blinds that I am getting ready to hang.


No comments:

Post a Comment